Print Page | Close Window

Left 4 Dead 2 - Just Announced

Printed From: Team *O.B.C* Forum
Category: Gaming and Technology
Forum Name: Left 4 Dead 2
Forum Discription: Our Left 4 Dead 2 server is coming soon!
URL: http://forum.teamobc.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6156
Printed Date: April 25 2024 at 9:55am

Topic: Left 4 Dead 2 - Just Announced
Posted By: Ice Man
Subject: Left 4 Dead 2 - Just Announced
Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 5:37pm
Left 4 Dead 2 is due for release on November 17, 2009. It features new characters, melee weapons, new story, special infected and new places.

Watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQF0gVOXEs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQF0gVOXEs

Replies:
Posted By: Phoenix
Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 8:20pm
I guess thats suppose to be a "new" game UG.. way Gross.. You guys probably like it .. I dont.

ps. ICE... i like ur signature
It Could Be that the Purpose of Your Life is Only to Serve as a Warning to Others.

-------------

R.I.P. Crazyhorse & Fubar You will Never be forgotten and forever in all our hearts

Posted By: X O.B.C Member
Date Posted: June 01 2009 at 9:18pm
Yea hoooooooo.CHAINSAW BABY.Lets hack and slash,let the blood flow.

-------------
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

Posted By: Lynn
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 4:32pm
YEAAAAAAAA!!

-------------

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:40pm
LOL Lynn.....you're a sick gurl.  Big%20smile

-------------
"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"

Posted By: *~* Shorty *~*
Date Posted: July 16 2009 at 10:45pm
I'm excited for it, but I love Left4Dead 1 so much, and instead of working on more maps for a great game, they're pushing out a second one too quickly. Yes I'll want to play it, but I want to play the first, also. And the 4 maps are really old.

-------------

Posted By: Sith
Date Posted: July 16 2009 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by Conan

LOL Lynn.....you're a sick gurl.  Big%20smile

She'd have to be to sleep with Dan

*cough cough* ...Strap-on....*cough cough*

-------------

Only Now, At The End Do You Understand.

Posted By: Secret Spy
Date Posted: July 17 2009 at 1:25am
Hahahaha Lynn.

I'll probably get this one, they already announced it, so hope they upgrade this one and don't launch a 3rd one too soon :D

-------------

Date Posted: July 18 2009 at 6:47pm
i had a dream about boomers the other day...they were like balloons and if they threw up on someone else then that person would blow up like a balloon ....kinda scary

-------------

Date Posted: October 18 2009 at 11:03pm
I'm really excited for L4D2!!! Should be fun to use chainsaws, frying pans, etc to beat up on zombies.

Tanya, I thought L4D was gross too, but once I started playing it I didn't find it gross or scary. It helps once you know what's coming though. Now I can't wait to kill zombies to de-stress.

-------------

Date Posted: October 19 2009 at 7:24am
Dan and PF were telling me about this, looked up some youtube vids and I like how you got to work together in this game.

might be worth paying 35 euros for.

-------------

Date Posted: October 20 2009 at 12:08am
IT IS!!!! GET IT It would be fun to Kill Zombies together!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2009 at 7:50pm
Whos playin the free demo?

Buddy sent me a gift.Full game for like $33.Get 4 of your friends together for the deal.

-------------
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

Date Posted: November 06 2009 at 8:52pm
yeah I would be interested in getting into that, looks good.

-------------

Date Posted: November 06 2009 at 9:59pm
Just out of demo.

Mp and single good stuff.

A lil different from the 1st.

They need to optimize the video a lil more and its gtg.

Going to be a mega hitApprove.

-------------

Bulls on parade!

Date Posted: November 07 2009 at 12:57pm
me, dan, his brother, his dad, and tara sister in law....... we love 1 so we already got 2!

-------------

Posted By: Intrinsically
Date Posted: November 07 2009 at 5:51pm
is the demo available other than through pre-order? my kid has been bugging me to install it

-------------

Date Posted: November 07 2009 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Intrinsically

is the demo available other than through pre-order? my kid has been bugging me to install it

Yes,now it is.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/590/ - http://store.steampowered.com/app/590/

-------------

Bulls on parade!

Date Posted: November 07 2009 at 10:07pm
Must say was impressed by the demo, PF and I were kicking ass until cresil joined and Team killed us.

Have ordered the game.

-------------

Posted By: ANTHONY
Date Posted: November 08 2009 at 10:19am
is this game only co-op? or can there be teams of 10-10?

-------------
Killin' em all.

Posted By: the slayer
Date Posted: November 08 2009 at 6:39pm
i played the demo good game i might get it to Thumbs%20Up

-------------

Posted By: Cronus
Date Posted: November 09 2009 at 1:50am
loaded the demo going to give it a go tonight

-------------

Posted By: Bounty
Date Posted: November 09 2009 at 3:34am
great game will be getting it

-------------

Posted By: Cresil
Date Posted: November 09 2009 at 3:02pm
Thinking about the same, its a pleasure to have Thomas in my team and stil be able to blow his brains out.

-------------

Posted By: Conan
Date Posted: November 09 2009 at 3:17pm
LOL..... that's the spirit.   Big%20smile

-------------
"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"

Posted By: RatSalsa
Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 3:40am
Yay, I had so much fun playing it last nite so I actually just bought it. Lookin forward to play it!

-------------

Posted By: Dantheman5187
Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 5:07pm
Anthony, the most that can play in one non-modded server is 8 people, at least for L4D 1. Four infected, and 4 survivors. It's very balanced and VERY fun. I doubt they'll up the default players based on the same 4 survivors idea in the new one. There are L4D 1 servers that are modded to have huge amounts of people, but only for different kinds of gameplay. There is a Hunter Only server where you have races, and other awesome things. One is to see who can kill a survivor first. Others are that the ground = lava and you have to not touch it but stay moving, etc. Very fun. L4D 1 will be around for a long time due to player-made maps. There is GREAT downloadable content for it. New campaigns, single maps, mods, etc. Also, the new maps come as a .vpk file and all you have to do is double-click them and they should auto-install into your steam folder (C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Left 4 Dead/ Left 4 Dead/addons I THINK - this is done from memory). If that is not correct, it's something similar. Ask and I will check for you.

IF YOU BUY THE GAME!:
If you are interested in the game, I recommend buying both games, because the new one will have only 4 campaigns to start with, and you can go back to L4D 1 for variety :) Just my opinion, but hey, I'll be playing both. I use OBC tags and I'd love some OBC company, as well as others from this community. My steam ID = Dantheman82904   Look me up!

-------------
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man

Posted By: MobiusMorte
Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 10:04pm
Downloading the demo now....

-------------
http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.127.32.164:20100/">

Posted By: MadMartigan
Date Posted: November 11 2009 at 10:48pm
Looks interesting.  I watched the clips on youtube. Is it strictly team vs. zombies or more than 1 team per game?

-------------
Play Well!

Date Posted: November 12 2009 at 5:47am
pre orderd mine yesterday :) looking forward to it

-------------

Posted By: *s!cko*
Date Posted: November 12 2009 at 9:02am
Demo looks good wen is it out in the uk?

-------------
***SICKO***

Date Posted: November 12 2009 at 9:32am
For now, strictly team vs. zombie. It comes out in the US on Monday, November 16. I can't wait to play this with you guys! I have a 2MB upload at home and I've been running games from my computer, which is more than capable for a 4 player game. Haven't tried 8 yet. If any of you guys are around, I'd love to run through the demo with you :) I downloaded a file from www.l4dmods.com which lets me have people playing as the infected even in the demo. Thus, I have tested all the special infected and like what I have seen. You should be able to find the file pretty easily there. Check out the readme and you can do it too :)

-------------
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man

Date Posted: November 12 2009 at 2:34pm
sounds cool :)

billy if you pre order of steam its avaliable on the 17th

-------------

Posted By: RatSalsa
Date Posted: November 17 2009 at 12:51pm
Have played through the first Campaign a few times now. I kinda dig it, cant wait til' some of you connects so I can play with some real persons (Bounty doesnt count..)

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2009 at 1:01pm
I hope i get my paypal confirmation values tonight or tomorrow morning so i can finaly get the damn GAME!!!!Angry
Next i have to download it and then just avoid the lobbies where you play Rat, this way i have chance to get to the end of the campain without you shooting in my back lol .

Btw alot of bugs and problems on the Steam forum, awayting alot of fixes next month. Steam acting strange lately after the last update with the TF2 hat.

-------------

Date Posted: November 17 2009 at 3:10pm
One thing about Valve that you TF2 guys know, they patch things in a hurry. I wouldn't worry about it. They do good work. I can't wait to play it!

-------------
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man

Date Posted: November 17 2009 at 6:18pm
game is cool. shame dam Rat let me down Big%20smile 

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2009 at 12:11am
Well, played throuh 3 campaigns now and I'm very happy with it. We tried Realism mode for one of them, which is basically regular except that it's both more and less realistic (lol). More realistic in that there are no outlines of other survivors so you don't know where they are if you can't see them. Also, items and weapons don't get highlighted and pointed out to you; they are just dull, there on the map like so much trash unless you can find them. Also, here's the less real part, zombies take more hits to kill, or you have to shoot them in the head. I say less real because honestly, the human body can only take so much before becoming useless, however we are talking realism in a ZOMBIE game, so realism in THAT sense is appeased. I like it. It's great for teaching you to keep your eyes pealed and STICK TOGETHER!!!! If you wander off, you're toast. I'm very happy. I'll try versus mode later with some of my other friends whom I hope to introduce to all of you very soon :)

-------------
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man

Date Posted: November 18 2009 at 9:35am
Had time for a quick 1 player campaign map before work today, was better than the demo.

Will have to have a L4D2 night this weekend.

Will need more channels on TS for L4D since max number of players is 8 per game and we might be in different games.

-------------

Date Posted: November 18 2009 at 11:56am
At last i have the game, after all the emails phone calls and changing banks and making virtual cards i managed to buy the game. See you all in game.

-------------

Posted By: HitMa
Date Posted: November 20 2009 at 3:09am
Played the Demo, Intense may I say, gonna buy the game Today.... See yaz in game. (Steam ID: Hitma_84)

-------------
RIP Kevin Brown 25 SEP 07

Posted By: Shibby
Date Posted: November 23 2009 at 4:03am
Ye i don't know if i'm gonna buy it ...
I'm playing 3 games atm ... a4th would ruin my life completely :-p

-------------
The
|S|hibbynator

Posted By: MadMartigan
Date Posted: November 24 2009 at 8:33pm
Looks like maximum INTENSITY. I have the full version, Thanks to Ice Man!
Really looks like a game to rally the troops around. Time to kick some OBC Butt! Been awhile for me to find one so interesting.
Game on!!

-------------
Play Well!

Date Posted: November 26 2009 at 12:07am
I <3 L4D 1 & 2, highly recommend!! Great team game. The original isn't that scary or gory... esp after you play it a bit and you know what to expect.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window