Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Board
 *O.B.C* - Forum : The *O.B.C* Forums : General Board
Message Icon Topic: as time goes by... Post Reply Post New Topic
$uicide Bomber
*Forum Addict*
*Forum Addict*

Online Status: Offline
Quote $uicide Bomber Replybullet Topic: as time goes by...
    Posted: October 17 2017 at 4:11pm
Wow! So, the last time I played SOF2 online was like 2005. I was digging through some old game discs the other day and found SOF2 and thought I'd come here to see if anybody, or the wasteland server, is still active. I read in another post somewhere that the server has been gone for some years now. I'm actually a little depressed about that. But, I guess I didn't really expect a nearly 20 year old game to be getting alot of attention anymore.

In late 2004 I set up the first teamspeak server and had my wife keep it running from out appartment in Hawaii while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I was *O.B.C* back then, but shortly after the deployment I stopped gaming to spend time with the family. I obviously lost touch with everybody after that.

If any of the old timers who remember who I am reads this, then hello to you, and I hope life has treated you well over the last 12 years.

-bomber
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 20 2017 at 8:58pm
Hey Bomber! I remember you quite well. Nice to hear from you. We had trouble keeping the server running, kept getting hack attacks from China. After deleting some trojans/worms that were installed it messed up the operating system and the SOF2 server would randomly stop in mid-game. Couldn't fix it easily.
IP IP Logged
hatchitman
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote hatchitman Replybullet Posted: December 19 2017 at 4:39am
Hi suicide just a quick hullo, I remember you setting up teamspeak and I think I was the first to speak to you on teamspeak. If I remember correctly I had installed itand was trying to hail you as we had talked earlier about setting it up. Anyway I was calling for anyone to answer and your wife heard me on you computer as it was still logged into wasteland. She said to you "your computer is talking and you ran out to see what was up.
That was it basically and we did have a few games from there on over a few following weeks. It was fu8n and I still feel that Wasteland Desert was and still is A fking good intoxicating game.
It is still popular and the Russians are the rest of the eastern block kids love it.
Cheers hatchitman {
IP IP Logged
Dantheman5187
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member
Married to my best friend.

Quote Dantheman5187 Replybullet Posted: May 11 2021 at 1:16pm
What a crazy throwback! I hope you are all stick doing well and enjoying life!

I wish I was paying attention 3.5 years ago when you posted this!
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version