Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Other Games
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : Other Games
Message Icon Topic: DayZ Post Reply Post New Topic
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote vorlon Replybullet Topic: DayZ
    Posted: January 07 2015 at 5:13pm
Anyone playing this? Hearing good things. Its a zombie type game set in Russia (and how I hate zombie games).

The twist in it all is its about true survival. dead means dead and you start again....no progress, no saved items or rank, you start over again. You don't just have to worry about zombies but also other players on the server, they can shoot you and take your loot. (lots of that going on. At the same time you can work together and go as a team to survive. stronger together than apart.

The second twist is that it is all in real time. walk a mile in the game = walk a mile in real life. so distance = real distance. also things like if you are on a server and that timezone is night, then the game is in night etc etc. A really interesting concept. I can see how it would have the potential to be frustrating but none the less interesting

the heat, hunger, thirst, light, sound etc etc etc etc etc all play a part. really has caught my attention

anyone playing and shed some light on whether to buy this or not?
IP IP Logged
Sith
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Sith Replybullet Posted: January 09 2015 at 1:09pm
This game sounds very much like 7 days to Die which Gadget, Dan, Lynn and a bunch of others in teamspeak are playing. I was gifted a copy of it and thought it was a good idea but certain things about it, Such as having to craft your own weapons etc put me off it.

Only Now, At The End Do You Understand.
IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 09 2015 at 4:30pm
yeah had a look at that one when you mentioned it mate. seemed to be zombies meets minecraft
IP IP Logged
Vindictive
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

-=Vindicator=-

Quote Vindictive Replybullet Posted: January 14 2015 at 12:04pm
ran around in it briefly when it was still early release. never ran into anything or another player whole time i was in there, but again it was tech unfinished and constantly being updated.

IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: January 28 2015 at 4:32pm
Think ill wait for H1Z1.

Looks like you need to play these type of games with a mob of friends.Ass rape all other players.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/816175-h1z1-vs-dayz-game-shaping-better

Edited by X O.B.C Member - January 28 2015 at 4:35pm
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 29 2015 at 3:48pm
yeah from what I have seen unless you are on with mate then everyone else is going to shoot you and steal all your stuff. They took off family sharing on steam for this game also due to the sheer number of people cheating.

I played a cracked version and have to say the game was not impressive, great idea but I would say out dated despite some nice touches
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: January 31 2015 at 8:31am
H1Z1 is "free" when complete.
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version