Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Other Games
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : Other Games
Message Icon Topic: PS4 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: December 28 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by X O.B.C Member

Lovin the ps4.

Have it on 65" tv.Have to add a mouse and key board if possible.That controller is %^#$.

what you seek is " Venom-X" which will be one of my first purchases. Controller fine for cars and football but not for FPS.

Bless, my staff bought me a 42" tv for my xmas knowing I was getting the ps4. Not a bad bunch after all
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: December 29 2014 at 5:33pm
$150 us for venom x in states.Thanks
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: December 29 2014 at 6:34pm
I thought it would be a lot cheaper across your side of the pond, but exchange rate wise its just the same. In my opinion it is a ridiculous price and in reality what you are paying for, half is not needed.......

1 x Mouse ---------why? I have a great mouse much better than what comes in the V-X box

1 x Wand ------- its not a Wii that I am playing - no use for this either

1 x Transceiver Box

1 x Mouse USB Cable - don't need

1 x Mini USB Cable

3 x Mouse Battery Cover - wow

3 x Joystick Thumb Rubber Cap - wow

6 x Iron Weights - to get the right weight into the wand and mouse since they are so cheap

So in reality all you need is the box and a connector..........

plug your ps4 controller into the box. then plug the box into the ps4 (controller must be connected) Then plug in your keyboard and mouse to the box (left right up down arrows etc seem to control the main menu) and your good to go.

Oldest daughters partner left his ps4 it mine this week to try whilst they go off to London for a few days. My initial reaction (not played that much).............

God I hate the controller for FPS - farcry4 and sniper elite 3 tested so the V-X is going to be a must buy

the PS dashboard (main screen) I was rather underwhelmed by this, very disappointed. Even the xbox 360 has a load of info, options etc etc on the dashboard screens as you scroll through. Was very basic and would have loved to see a lot more features, options, animation etc etc etc. Nearer the start of this thread I touched upon how there was very little to the ps4 compared to the xbone, but this has been the first time I have actually turned one on and met the screen. Feels very basic and could have done a lot more with this.

Played FIFA 15, was the graphics light years ahead of the same game on xbox 360? Not really, you could tell the difference but not a WOW moment

does the console look sleek and stunning? Yes

Graphics for the games, they were pretty. Some great backdrops in farcry 4 with the mountains etc as an example. Was I blown away? No. Better than the settings I can get from these games on my PC? No.

Last for 10 years? yes. PC last for 10 years and not needing upgraded to play even games in 5 years on minimum settings? No (bloody corrupt PC developers / hardware manufacturers)

Bottom line - console the right choice? Yes

Just watched a vid of the xbone dashboard, seems familiar and alive. still tempted. But as I have said before, if I do that it will end up not being mine.
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: December 31 2014 at 3:09pm
Glad psn is finally back up.

Go lizard squad.

PSN+ is pretty cool feature.Free games every month.

Best lookin game played is Last of us or tomb raider.

The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 02 2015 at 3:10pm
That's me all set up.   Psn name......

Obc--vorlon

Current games

Last of us
Drive club
Fifa 15
Advanced warfare

Psn users add me ta
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: January 02 2015 at 7:02pm
PSN NAME

Obc is dead

you name the game i got it

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 02 2015 at 8:42pm
Feel free to put your real psn id up wanker
IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 03 2015 at 5:33pm
well after 24 hours...........

drive club is fantastic! It reminds me of gran turismo 1, 2, 3 and 4 before they went and killed gt5 when they moved onto the ps3 and changed the whole feel of the driving. The graphics are fantastic and gameplay is just brilliant, plays like a dream. The game I find myself playing............

FIFA 15 - a decent step up from the xbox360, a lot more cut scenes, animation, quality of picture and little things that happen in the game that does not happen in the previous gen editions. Eldest son plays this (12 yrs old) and I don't moan, decent at it and he can use all those special move buttons I cant.

Advanced warfare - smooth as butter, even on maps like defender which hits even the best PCs out there. Graphics? more or less the same as on my pc, but hard to tell since its being played on a much bigger screen. Other son (9) is the one that plays this and kicks ass. His ambition is to be a professional cod player and join the "FaZe" team and live in the FaZe house. Sad but he is a natural at it. Not me though!!!! God I cant use the controller for that game. So venom-x it is so I can attach the keyboard and mouse. Seems very unfair, and it will be but its the only way forward with FPS games on console for me.

The last of me - graphically awesome. Wee man played for half an hour this morning, not my cup of tea after developing a severe hatred for zombie related games after L4D2 but I can appreciate the fact it looks fantastic and the story/game is also very good.

Great investment
IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: January 07 2015 at 5:06pm
cant wait for the kids to go back to school tomorrow....... get home from work and one on playing fifa, he get off and another puts on Netflix. Dam them
IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: May 30 2015 at 7:31pm
small update....................

oldest son now has the PS4 as I find no love for gaming

bought the youngest lad an xbox one.

short review.................

If you are under 30 then the xbox one is for you, interaction, snapping, the whole thing is about gaming and communicating and just an awesome set up and great interface to achieve EVERYTHING

If you are over 30, want to just game hard, and boring then the ps4 is for you

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version