Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Board
 *O.B.C* - Forum : The *O.B.C* Forums : General Board
Message Icon Topic: Ice Man's 2nd floor Remodel - Help Please! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Connor
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Connor Replybullet Posted: October 16 2014 at 4:42pm
Never a bad plan to re-think your plan...
Is the JD your secret ingredient for bar-bq sauce or replacement for Nyquil.
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 27 2014 at 3:08pm
It's actually a sedative I take when I'm done trying to figure out how to create something level in a not-so-level house. As my friend would say, "there's 'level', and then there's 'level to the eye'", and that pretty much when I pour myself some JD on the rocks.

Framing is done, electrical is done (except for some staples in these photos and 1 more line to run), and everything rewired how it pretty much should be. Fridge is on it's own 20amp circuit, lights are on a lighting circuit, outlets are on an outlet circuit, and now when I turn off the furnace/boiler, it's the only thing that shuts off.

I'm fairly certain I chose boxes that were too big for this application, but I'll tell you what, I really enjoyed having the extra room in each one for the wiring. Just need to run one more line from the new light switch to the lights that will be over the counter, and I need to move the existing light switches to a different wall.

IP IP Logged
Connor
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Connor Replybullet Posted: October 27 2014 at 4:11pm
Nice, Is there a cabinet going against that wall on the kitchen side? Might want to put blocks in for backing now...same on dining side if you decide to do a sill and apron with wood or bar shelf or what ever youll have some backing for fastening.
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 27 2014 at 5:31pm
There will be base cabinets and a counter top (no back splash) on the kitchen side. The dining room side will have a bar height counter top. Once I determine how best to support that counter top it would definitely be good idea to add blocks. It's going to extend out from the wall about 10 - 11 inches, for a total of 14-15 inches in depth. I was thinking either American Walnut butcher block, or finding some original 2x4's from the second floor and planing them down and gluing them together. I like the idea of taking something that was original to the house and reusing it.

On the dining room side of the refrigerator wall where that counter top would end I may create a nice built-in shelving unit. Light it from the top and use glass shelves for the top half, wood shelves for the bottom.

IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: October 28 2014 at 6:21pm
Non-UNION work really shows there

Looks like C'S butchering

Edited by X O.B.C Member - October 28 2014 at 6:22pm
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Connor
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Connor Replybullet Posted: October 28 2014 at 7:33pm
A couple of corbels would work, maybe even 3...but you need to block between studs where you think they would be best placed..2x8 or 2x10 block. A few staples to keep the wire in the middle of stud, they like to see a staple (max) 12" from each box and same where its going through the floor, so theres no issues after drywall goes on. Think you call it sheet rock down there.
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: October 28 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by X O.B.C Member

Said the butcher of NE Ohio......
"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 30 2014 at 8:03pm

There is nothing plumb, straight (except me), or level in that house. Anything more than what I am doing is the equivalent of lipstick on a pig. Anyway, the last time I hired Union I had to provide my own Vaseline.

The ceilings were originally 8'2" give or take. They dropped them 8" which means I have enough space for recessed lighting in the kitchen. Going to move forward with that.

IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: October 31 2014 at 12:38pm
You can also have indirect lighting if you're really want to be fancy.  Wink
"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: October 31 2014 at 12:41pm
Also why Vaseline Ice? Union members have a wide ass.
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: November 02 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Ice Man

There is nothing plumb, straight (except me), or level in that house. Anything more than what I am doing is the equivalent of lipstick on a pig. Anyway, the last time I hired Union I had to provide my own Vaseline.

The ceilings were originally 8'2" give or take. They dropped them 8" which means I have enough space for recessed lighting in the kitchen. Going to move forward with that.

EVERY 1 IS WHORE TRADING HOURS FOR $.

The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: November 03 2014 at 11:33am
Hey Ice....I couldn't help noticing you ran the wire where you're going to screw the base cabinets into the studs.

Most cabinets have backing to mount the cabinets between 31 to 34.5 inches. off the floor. 

I run the wire at 24 inches or so.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version