Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Left 4 Dead 2
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : Left 4 Dead 2
Message Icon Topic: Computer Crash Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Barry Burton
Groupie*
Groupie*

Online Status: Offline
Quote Barry Burton Replybullet Topic: Computer Crash
    Posted: November 06 2010 at 8:48pm
Hey my main computer finally gave out, it had been acting iffy for the past few days, so just posting I won't be able to make it to any games for the next couple of days, possibly more. By the way, never buy a DELL. Unless of course Indian tech support's your kinda thing and you like calling them every 3 months, never know with yall...
"Combat Knife: For optimum performance, the leading edge "Pointy end" should be applied to the enemy and trust into vital areas. This should be repeated as necessary."
IP IP Logged
Dantheman5187
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member
Married to my best friend.

Quote Dantheman5187 Replybullet Posted: November 06 2010 at 10:15pm
build 'em home made, Barry. I built my baby 3+ years ago, and now all i need in order to upgrade is to buy parts and put 'em in my beautiful Antec 900 case. I promise we can teach you how if you don't know. Easy to do, cheaper than buying a set one, and more fun!

By the way, don't throw out your PC. Your Windows License is still good. Write it down and what OS it is and you can use it for your new one if you can get a disc (which we can help with). I hope you get a replacement quickly!
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man
IP IP Logged
Barry Burton
Groupie*
Groupie*

Quote Barry Burton Replybullet Posted: November 07 2010 at 6:55am
Yeah I really need to learn how to put one together, but this one was a present and was top of the line when I got it 3 years ago. Went ahead and bit the bullet and spent 2 hours on the phone this morning (apparently still had 40 days on the warranty) repeating "The computer won't turn do anything but rev up" untill they promised to send 3 new parts, so I might be back by the first of next week.
"Combat Knife: For optimum performance, the leading edge "Pointy end" should be applied to the enemy and trust into vital areas. This should be repeated as necessary."
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: November 07 2010 at 4:09pm
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Barry Burton
Groupie*
Groupie*

Quote Barry Burton Replybullet Posted: November 07 2010 at 7:52pm
Ya know, saddly my experience wasn't too different. "Rheem" was able to find enough different ways to figure out the computer won't turn on to eat up 2 hours. I seriously think they must stay on the phone for at least that long before they can send anything. Even if my computer had burst into flames and burned down my house I think I would have been on the phone for 2 hours in front of its charred remains.
IP IP Logged
Dantheman5187
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member
Married to my best friend.

Quote Dantheman5187 Replybullet Posted: November 08 2010 at 5:08pm
You're probably right, Barry. Anyways, if you want any help with switching those parts out, you can PM me or post, or best of all, probably find it on the internet with no trouble. It's not hard, i promise. Almost everything only works in one way... Just pay attention to how you unplug each part and you should be able to plug the replacements in without issue.
*O.B.C.j*Dan_the_Man
IP IP Logged
Secret Spy
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Secret Spy Replybullet Posted: November 09 2010 at 5:34pm
Well one thing I know for sure.
That Bob guy in the video is crazy xD
IP IP Logged
Barry Burton
Groupie*
Groupie*

Quote Barry Burton Replybullet Posted: November 25 2010 at 8:17pm
Replacement video card Dell sent failed again so goina be offline for awhile. Turns out any parts gained through warrantees with Dell are all refurbished and have already catastrophically failed before they arrived on my doorstep, nice to know. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving.
IP IP Logged
Sith
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Sith Replybullet Posted: November 26 2010 at 11:52am
never buy a dell, Unless its Alienware Smile

Only Now, At The End Do You Understand.
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: November 26 2010 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by Barry Burton

Replacement video card Dell sent failed again so goina be offline for awhile. Turns out any parts gained through warrantees with Dell are all refurbished and have already catastrophically failed before they arrived on my doorstep, nice to know. Oh and Happy Thanksgiving.

You need a brake.

Your game play reminds me of cresil or bounty lately.LOL
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Barry Burton
Groupie*
Groupie*

Quote Barry Burton Replybullet Posted: November 27 2010 at 4:11am
Yes, I will never buy a Dell again. Have both an old laptop (which I'm on now and won't work without being plugged in after a new battery and charger) and my current desktop, in which this is the 5th time I've had to replace a part in the past year, though I've had it for three.

Oh and PF, yes I need a break but I think your talking about your own gameplay, "Hmm, I'm stuck between Barry and some zombies, I think I'll just tell Barry to pick up his game and cover me, while I trap him on a godforsaken jammed bridge and let him figure the rest out." Couldn't do it without ya PF.LOL

Edited by Barry Burton - November 27 2010 at 5:17am
IP IP Logged
Bounty
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Bounty Replybullet Posted: November 27 2010 at 6:28am
must have some skills if you play like me n cresil Big%20smile

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version