Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
All things Computer
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : All things Computer
Message Icon Topic: Ubuntu Post Reply Post New Topic
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote vorlon Replybullet Topic: Ubuntu
    Posted: September 28 2010 at 7:07pm
I must have had a sheltered life.

Never thought about linux as an OS until it appeared on the netbook i bought last week.  god it was rubbish!  get a version of windows on there fast!

as luck would have it both my 4gb pendrives were out on loan and all i had was a 2gb one to make a boot drive.  That ruled out w7.   tiny 7  was failing half way through install.  XP it was then and on it went.  was ok.

then a mate of mine mentioned Ubuntu and i thought what the hell.

what an amazing OS!  so simple to use yet so diverse.  They should change its name from Ubuntu to "wife system", it really is that simple to use!  yet holds lots for the experienced pc users.

all those people searching the net for the right download programme, praying its not infected and not got a tricky install, come to ubuntu just search for the programme you want in one of its clever installer programmes, it searches for you and finds it, click install and thats it!

so many other major plus points, but i have to get my arse to sleep.

always had windows, but this is great especially for people like kids or those worried about all the options and long processes that need to be followed with windows, not to mention viruses etc.

this can be as simple or as complicated a system as you choose it to be, cant praise it enough.

that said it cant go on my system, dont suppose the games run too well or as well as they do on a windows OS that they were designed for.

If i did not play games then i would 100 times out of 100 move to ubuntu and leave windows behind.

oh and its free !  free i tells ya.

(oh and you can also install it in windows and have it running like any other programme install if you want to give it ago without loosing yuor current OS)

FANTASTIC!
IP IP Logged
X O.B.C Member
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*
Communist Pinko

Online Status: Offline
Quote X O.B.C Member Replybullet Posted: September 28 2010 at 8:21pm
Never thought of u as a bright oneWink.
The microphone explodes, shattering the molds Either drop tha hits like de la O or get tha f**k off tha commode Wit tha sure shot, sure ta make tha bodies drop

Bulls on parade!

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version