Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
All things Computer
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : All things Computer
Message Icon Topic: laptops - crazy prices Post Reply Post New Topic
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote vorlon Replybullet Topic: laptops - crazy prices
    Posted: September 21 2010 at 6:03pm

*just wanting to vent my anger*

The world is a joke!  The prices of laptops or netbooks  is shocking, when compaired to PC towers.

Looking to get one of the kids a laptop to get her off my pc and the others dont feel like sharing thiers either.  yet its at least £100 for a system thats about 8 years old with terrible specs.  I have one of them already in a cupboard.  would not dream of using it.

just becuase they are a fashion statement the world thinks it can charge over inflated prices for pieces or rubbish

anyone know of a cheap place to find one?  need to remember import charges etc

not a happy man
IP IP Logged
Intrinsically
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Intrinsically Replybullet Posted: September 21 2010 at 11:28pm
you looking for something to play games on? or just internet? you can get a netbook for a few hundred
IP IP Logged
vorlon
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote vorlon Replybullet Posted: September 22 2010 at 1:09pm
ended up getting her a netbook - Acer EEE 900.  its the 20gb version running linux, but might change it to xp when it arrives as never used that system.

released around april of 2008 with a retail of around £330 i managed to pick up a perfect condition one for £92.

its only for a ten year old (although very good at power point etc lol) so only to be used for facebook, msn and some surfing.  with the HD that size i will put her music onto it as well, her ipod is only 4gb so no worries there.  I have 2 usb sticks so 1 music and 1 for movies as extras.

No DVD player but she has her bedroom for that

still a sick joke the prices of ancient machines that people and companies are still charging top dollar for these days just coz they are a fashion accesory (and yes i cant spell)
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version