Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
On the web
 *O.B.C* - Forum : The *O.B.C* Forums : On the web
Message Icon Topic: 4000 000 lawsuit over flowers Post Reply Post New Topic
Phoenix
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Phoenix Replybullet Topic: 4000 000 lawsuit over flowers
    Posted: October 21 2007 at 6:07am

US bride sues over wilted bouquets: press

Tue Oct 16, 12:38 PM ET

NEW YORK (AFP) - Newlyweds in New York have filed a 400,000 dollar lawsuit against the florist who supplied the flowers for their wedding, saying they were the wrong color and wilted, press reports said Tuesday.

Among things that drew the ire of the bride, Elana Glatt, who also happens to be a lawyer, were the alleged inclusion of cheaper orchids than promised in the bridal bouquet, the New York Times reported.

She also complained about five dollar street vendor-quality roses in arrangements for which the florist charged 55-65 dollars, and dusty vases with no water.

But the most "egregious" of her numerous complaints was the fact that florist Stamos Arakas had substituted pastel pink and green hydrangeas for the rust and green flowers she had chosen for the centerpieces.

"The use of predominantly pastel centerpieces had a significant impact on the look of the room and was entirely inconsistent with the vision the plaintiffs had bargained for," the Times quoted the lawsuit as saying.

Glatt said the flowers were paid for in advance by her mother-in-law and cost more than 27,000 dollars.

In her suit, which outlines numerous "distressing and embarrassing" offenses, she accuses Arakas of "unjust enrichment."

Arakas told the New York Times that Glatt had sent him several emails prior to filing the lawsuit, demanding a 4,000 dollar refund, but he ignored them because "they were so insulting."

Edited by Phoenix - October 21 2007 at 6:09am

R.I.P. Crazyhorse & Fubar You will Never be forgotten and forever in all our hearts
IP IP Logged
Phoenix
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Phoenix Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 6:19am
I find this crazy 4000 000 over flowers, fine your wedding is suppose to be perfect, sometimes  things go wrong... But i bet if you talk to the guest I bet the y all had a great time

I understand the bride wasnt happy about the flowers but to sue for such an extreme amount unbelieveable...

She was probually one of those spoiled brats who always got her way, and everything always had to be just the way she wanted or god help everyone...

Its just amazing all that money, she would probually buy a nice big mansion in Nj, instead, of helping the needy.

R.I.P. Crazyhorse & Fubar You will Never be forgotten and forever in all our hearts
IP IP Logged
Intrinsically
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Intrinsically Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 9:27am

how bout the guy that tried to sue the dry cleaners for $54 million for losing a pair of pants? and he was a friggin judge!...or the woman that sued mcdonalds for $20 million because their coffee was too hot & she spilled it on herself?...put an end to frivilous lawsuits like that & this country would be much better off...ban contingency fee lawyers!

IP IP Logged
Phoenix
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Phoenix Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Intrinsically

how bout the guy that tried to sue the dry cleaners for $54 million for losing a pair of pants? and he was a friggin judge!...or the woman that sued mcdonalds for $20 million because their coffee was too hot & she spilled it on herself?...put an end to frivilous lawsuits like that & this country would be much better off...ban contingency fee lawyers!

I agree with you, Geez this is just way to crazy !! its just such bs,  whats the quote about money being evil or the root to it.

ok I found it,  but origin was from the bible Timothy 6:10

For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Timothy 6:10

Edited by Phoenix - October 21 2007 at 11:32am

IP IP Logged
Secret Spy
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Secret Spy Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 11:24am

well i wouldn't spend so much money on flowers, and at the end.. you gave your money away cus things didn't went good and everything is done her way.. oh well.

Good one steve

IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 12:45pm

People who are in business need to be more responsible, and if they were there'd be less frivalous lawsuits.

The guy made a promise to provide a service, was paid for that service and didn't come through.  What other recourse did the bride and groom have?  They can't go kick his ass and break his arms like in the old days.

They'd been planning their wedding for months and months and months and alot of money was spent to celebrate this one and only one day of their entire life.  They deserved to get what they were promised and for what they paid for, regardless if it was $50 or $50,000 or $3,000,000.

So if you don't like the idea of lawsuits, what other recourse should people be able to take in situations like this?

IP IP Logged
Phoenix
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Phoenix Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 2:35pm
I understand what your saying about them planing for monthS... I even understand that they were not satisfied..

I just wish ppl now days would be fair, they mentioned in the report they paid 27,ooo+ ok then maybe they should get what they paid back or half of it...NOT 400,000.00 to teach someone a lesson.

My opinion the reputation of this business who did it, is down the drain,  between word of mouth, and the suit. I dont think this is a mistake they will make twice

IP IP Logged
Intrinsically
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Intrinsically Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 4:49pm

that's my point, I don't have a problem with a lawsuit, per se...but what's with the mark up? they spent $27,000 on flowers, so I'm guessing the $400,000 is the price tag for the whole wedding, or a hefty portion of it...but put that aside, explain $56,000,000 for a pair of pants? of course he didn't win, but the courts should have just stamped that one

REJECTED: BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT

and I'm not sure if many of you have heard about that case, it did make national news...well that guy was put out of business because of this case, all because he had a sign in his window that said "Satisfaction Guaranteed"...well that & because some idiotic judge had a stick up his ass...real fair

Edited by Intrinsically - October 21 2007 at 4:55pm
IP IP Logged
Phoenix
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Phoenix Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 6:59pm
Hey ING.... is this the story, your talking about.. \

Judge Who Seeks Millions for Lost Pants Has His (Emotional) Day in Court

Wednesday, June 13, 2007; Page B01

Before trial began yesterday in the case of the D.C. judge who sued his neighborhood dry cleaners after they lost his pants, the most extraordinary fact was Roy Pearson's demand for $65 million in damages.

IP IP Logged
Secret Spy
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Secret Spy Replybullet Posted: October 21 2007 at 9:18pm
Wow, I agree on both of you guys.. but is way too much money, I agree that they should spend money on their weeding and everything, and even though they spent all that money, they dont feel confortable..
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 22 2007 at 6:31pm
They always start with a number that is much higher that what they are willing to settle for.  You can never judge by the initial figure. 
IP IP Logged
Silentkiller
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Silentkiller Replybullet Posted: October 22 2007 at 7:09pm

Like Phoenix has said I agree with the fact that you loose a couple of pants, and your wedding of course is one of the most important dates you will ever have on your life.  The thing I do not agree on is the insane amounts of money people ask for.  Companies should be more aware of this yes, but not every single company can be perfect.  Come on, I mean, millions of dollars because you burned yourself? That is just bs on my point of view. 

People now are just looking for a way to get money that way, so they will just buy their life ticket.  The damage should be paid off, nothing else. I might as well go outside the white house and fall down and ask for millions of dollars... come on!

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version