Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Soldier of Fortune 2
 *O.B.C* - Forum : Gaming and Technology : Soldier of Fortune 2
Message Icon Topic: 6th Sense Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Online Status: Offline
Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Topic: 6th Sense
    Posted: October 19 2007 at 11:49pm

Hey guys,

Got banned today on WL. I was using the name "6th Sense". I understand that perhaps if you dont recognize this name and you think "hey whos that guy killing everyone"  you might get a bit frustrated...

But I'm no cheater, never been, and dont think after 5-6 yrs of sof i would start now...

Thanks,

Smoke Man

IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 19 2007 at 11:55pm
Why use a different name?
IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:05am
mostly 2 reasons:

1. I didnt feel too sociable (argument with fiancee), so yea i wasnt too much in the mood to say "hi" "wasup" to each guy I know and say "ns" "ty" and all that every time...

2. Im trying to look for a new name...
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:07am

I hardly ever say "ns" and "ty", too focused on the game.  But at my age you need very ounce of attention to be able to keep up with you guys.

Whats wrong with your current name?  I kinda like it.

IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:08am
I donno... i kinda dont like it anymore
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:11am

Hmm.  Here's what we could do.  We'll come up with a bunch of new names and then hold a vote on the forum for 2 weeks.  Which ever name has the highest votes is the one you will use.  Sound good?

IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:16am

haha  well that might fix the name thing...

i just didnt know i always had to play with my same name... lol... but if an OBC would have asked I would have told him/her... I was just finishing to cook dinner when I got banned so I checked on the console what happened but I didnt see much...

IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:21am

You can play with whatever name you wish.  Everyone just gets suspicious when a good player comes in with a name they've never seen before.

IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:24am

I understand that... I tried explaining first that I wasnt hacking but it was a bit useless... you know how it is... when one starts saying it, and you kill another guy he says "wow yea, he really is"... and snowball...

Well Im playing with SMOKE MAN now for a while... ill do the name tests another weekend :P

IP IP Logged
Fubar
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Fubar Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:28am
I banned smoke, had a few complaints and accusations that got my attention and I banned him with no vids or spectating.  Therefore I ask that those who thought he was cheating post there vids or pics here.  After talking to him I felt he could play until providing  guilty and I had his ban lifted.  I can't remember the number of times I've been accused of cheating, but its been alot, and I never have, takes all the fun out of the game.  Smoke isn't getting any special treatment because he's been around for awhile its because I was to lazy to do my job and spec and make sure that what was being said wasnt true.  I'll be waiting for what ever body has on this deal.
IP IP Logged
steal
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote steal Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:50am
Yeah, name change wouldnt be too bad, everytime i see ur name i think of "the smoking man " on xfiles, he old and wrinkled up chainsmoker. 
“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”—Malcolm S. Forbes.
IP IP Logged
HitMa
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*

Quote HitMa Replybullet Posted: October 20 2007 at 12:54am
Well, when you came in a few nights ago; I thought the ping looked like you SMOKE...but I wasn't sure...Through the progression of the several days...it just looked more and more like you were doing something that just downright didn't look right.

Upon further analysis, I did check the vids, that I took, not very good at showing except for one...which not irrifutable evidence, to say that you were doing something Illegal.

Smoke, I've played with you for a while now, It's difficult to say this...but when you came in w/ a name that I had not seen before...I was as Ice said...along with several other players...Which I will let them come fourth... 'looked suspicious' ...And SMOKE...my most deepest "I'M SORRY" For what ruckus that others and myself have  caused you. Don't take this as a personal issue, I was trying to look out for the server as a whole. Again...please Accept my appology.

Dave/HitMa
RIP Kevin Brown 25 SEP 07
IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version