Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
General Board
 *O.B.C* - Forum : The *O.B.C* Forums : General Board
Message Icon Topic: Good News Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 3:37pm

I wouldn't call Canucks cowards. There a few over in Afghanistan right now doing great work. That we as Americans should be thank-full for.   

"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 3:39pm

Originally posted by Bellino

I don't agree with Conan.

"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
BUMRUSH
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote BUMRUSH Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 3:41pm

My apologies Cobra   your right..  not right of me to generalize the whole country on the views of  a single feeble-minded individual.

Please accept my apolgies, it just bothers me when people act like idiots.      I cant understand how a person can say they appreciate what someone does for them but they would rather help kill those same individuals if they were sent to battle.     I wonder if he would feel the same if the terrorists bombed Sherbrooke Subway and Montreal and killed 3100 or so of his fellow countrymen?

Edited by BUMRUSH - March 14 2007 at 3:43pm
BEWARE THE BUM !!!
IP IP Logged
C.P.O PITBULL
*Forum Addict*
*Forum Addict*

Quote C.P.O PITBULL Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 5:40pm

Ok here goes…

This is the problem… it seems like because I disagree with some policies then I can’t acknowledge ANYTHING positive that your country does. So maybe I shouldn’t say anything positive and only say negative things… sheesh.

So first off BUMRUSH… who said that the US gives us freedom anyway? We earned our freedom, we have other allies besides the US, and were a very diplomatic and respected around the world MUCH MUCH more respected than Americans when you travel the rest of the world. But I know that if for example ww3 broke up the US would protect our borders and like I said before its also for your own safety not just ours. So I don’t see how were cowards? Just cuase we don’t want to go start a bullsh*t war for someone elses profit blamed on 9/11 which is totally false isn’t ok with our moral standards.

ICEMAN: I don’t always bash the states but on these particular issues I have negative opinions. So its not that I hate the states or anything. And the answer to your is NO. It was not acceptable but I would rather live under saddam than live there right now. And you can’t deny that you went to war with false information and your politicians never cared before about what saddam did but now that they wanted to invade all of a sudden it’s an issue. What about Darfur and other problems in the world? You have no problem turning your back on them. So the war is unjust and that to me is the bottom line. Also, the states knew what he was doing with the oil for food program and ignored it.

Edited by Conan - March 14 2007 at 6:00pm
!Team IZZLE MEMBER!
IP IP Logged
Gadget
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Gadget Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by supercobra

Bum, you do know that Iraq had nothing to do with 911 right?

wether you commit the crime or harbor those that did, your guilty. at least thats my understanding.
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 7:25pm

Originally posted by C.P.O PITBULL

Just cuase we don’t want to go start a bullsh*t war for someone elses profit blamed on 9/11 which is totally false isn’t ok with our moral standards.

This is why people give you grief, Pitbull, you state opinion and not fact.

It was not acceptable but I would rather live under saddam than live there right now.

You've never lived there before and you dont live there now.  Again, factless opinion you offer.  I can offer facts of the living conditions of Iraqis for the countless years during and before Saddam that run counter to what you claim.

And you can’t deny that you went to war with false information and your politicians never cared before about what saddam did but now that they wanted to invade all of a sudden it’s an issue.

Propaganda.  There were many reasons to remove Saddam.  Our government needed a reason to get congress and the global community behind that decision.  WMD was the reason.  But had Saddam been more cooperative with the weapons inspections, maybe it could have been diverted.  Regardless, there were more reasons than just WMD, otherwise we'd be in North Korea right now.

What about Darfur and other problems in the world? You have no problem turning your back on them. So the war is unjust and that to me is the bottom line. Also, the states knew what he was doing with the oil for food program and ignored it.

We can't be involved in every situation, I think 1 is enough.  But if we were in Darfur you'd be saying the same arguement of illegally involving ourselves.  And we'd say all we are doing is trying to help.  Then you'd say, well what about Iraq? Starving people, tyrant dictator and death squads, no rights for woman, why aren't you helping them?

I also find it funny how everyone says "where was the US when Iraq was doing this? Where was the US when Iraq was illegally selling oil for weapons and cash while their citizens were starving and dieing?" Well, we are there now, and nobody is saying, "well its about time", instead all we get is grief.

Wouldn't it be nice if perhaps when everything gets settled and the new Iraqi government gets moving along, and the Shiite death squads stop killing Sunnis, and the Sunni death squads stop killing the Shiites?  Equal rights for all, schools, hospitals, water, electricity, a better life for the Iraqi citizens.  Wouldn't that be nice?

The US isn't without conflict through it's history.  Take the American civil war (April 1861 - April 1865) for example.  Over 600,000 total dead, and over 400,000 wounded.  Eleven Southern slave states that declared their secession and formed the Confederate States of America  in an attempt to gain (or not lose rather) control of the federal government, and fear of losing their state's rights and being forced to abolish slavery as dictated by federal law.  The South had some valid points, the North had some valid points, but who was right?  The South thought they were, and they thought slavery was acceptable.

Anyway, just a point to say that ultimately history will determine who is right with this conflict in Iraq.  But no matter how you want to muddy the waters, our intent is to provide a better life for the Iraqi people and help rebuild, and offer some stability in the middle east, and like it or not, there are alot of Iraqis that are grateful for us being there.

IP IP Logged
BUMRUSH
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote BUMRUSH Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 7:44pm

hmmmmmmmmmmm  I thought saddam kinda liked  osama and his crowd      if you harbor a terrorist     than you yourself are a terrorist

I didnt say we gave you your freedom   we just insure you keep it

once again you say the US started a war for profit....  Bush was given bad intel and acted on it     he didnt start a war to make money     this war is costing the US more money than any other country and it is costing the US citizens  each and every day in more than 1 way .  as for invading all of a sudden...   if your beloved Saddam was innocent why didn't he comply with the U.N.    and why did the Iraqi people hang his ass so damned fast after his trial.               I guess it was so he didnt have to endure another day of imprisonment

Either way   you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that   

but saying you would rather kill americans and support terrorism is appalling to me.  considering the fact that you play on WL you would think that you respected your hosts a bit more than that   

So pit -       in the future say what you like ; believe what you want and pray for the deaths of the propagandist, lying, warmongering, profit crazed american citizens and service men and women that you have come to hate so much.     speak your mind if ya like  and btw   when did ya say something positive about the US ?

Edited by BUMRUSH - March 14 2007 at 7:53pm
BEWARE THE BUM !!!
IP IP Logged
Gadget
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Gadget Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by supercobra

Iraq didn't harbor anyone involved with 911. Saddam hated and feared the jihadists

He was found in Iraq, justifying one cause to be there. Along with the many look-a-likes he had that were in Iraq as well, and the crowds that gathered to show their support. They knew he was their, and no one talked. they harbored the enemy, and are paying for that.

Put that with ice's post and i think you've got somewhat of a solid arguement for being there.

Edited by Gadget - March 14 2007 at 8:04pm
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:35pm
PBS and frontline also done 9/11 bombing of the world trade center.......and how it was and inside job.  
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 8:52pm
Just to let every one know, Pit is from Iran.  He would of been what we call a sectoral Shia. His family had migrated to Canada when he was just a very young lad. Its only natural to have conflicting emotions. Those motions will continue for another few years till at a time when that little light bulb in the back of his head go's off. Then thing will start to come into focus for him.
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:04pm
PBS had it few time. Look it up.  
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: March 14 2007 at 9:20pm
I'm sure you will.    
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version