Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp    RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Archives
 *O.B.C* - Forum : The *O.B.C* Forums : General Board : Archives
Message Icon Topic: conan Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
/<GB
Noob*
Noob*

Online Status: Offline
Quote /<GB Replybullet Topic: conan
    Posted: January 20 2007 at 8:51pm
              Hello to all O.B.C. team members. My name is KGB (/<GB) for those who don't know me. My reason for contacting O.B.C. is to talk about a glitch in the game that was rudely braught to my attention by a member who goes by the name "conan". Just so he knows I had no idea that players can't see someone who is against the window wall in a building. I've been in wasteland since my days with ~SASD~. A team from long ago for those who remember me... hello. In all this time I have never heard this glitch of the window, but I respect the rules of your server and I will fallow them. I guess Im just a little upset with the way conan chose to let me in on this glitch. I like to think of myself as a well respected player who doesn't talk a lot of smack and plays by the rules. In short, conan, It would be nice if you could try to find a better way of letting players know about this glitch or any others. Thankyou.        your friend, KBG
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: January 20 2007 at 9:02pm
There is a glitch in the game where you can see out and shoot but not be seen, even from elevated angle. That window you were glitching is well known one. Map seed 0 has couple, one right next to flag bridge when you lean alone the slope of bridge and another one right up against the ruin wall with barrels if you lean alone that slope of wall.

There are points in those maps that a sniper can rack up 50/0 ratio because that can't be seen or shot.

BTW i did warn you, i even stood there last time to allow you kill me because i didn't yet know who.

The warning was who ever hinding behind that window that glitching..........is going to get popped.

Edited by Conan - January 20 2007 at 9:04pm
"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
/<GB
Noob*
Noob*

Quote /<GB Replybullet Posted: January 20 2007 at 11:07pm
IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 12:13am
I have heard about this glitches but never expirienced them i think... Although once or twice I heard someone that was saying I was glitching... I am not sure if I really did... it was perfectly possible to kill me if you shot at me...
IP IP Logged
Ice Man
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Ice Man Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 3:22am

http://vids.teamobc.com/map-glitch.avi

this is one of the map glitchs that conan was talking about.  This is picture-in-picture, a video of me looking at an opponent (gpac77) who is behind the flag bridge looking at me, and shoots me.

Play it a few times and you can see how she (gpac77) can see me, but I cant see her when she shoots me.

And this is fair warning, if I see you taking advantage of this glitch, I will f**k you up.

IP IP Logged
hellraiser
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote hellraiser Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 7:57am
so ur not glitching if u lean out from that ramp? 
IP IP Logged
Seeker
Groupie*
Groupie*

Quote Seeker Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 11:36am

I was there when this happened.   Glad I was there, cause I did not know wabout it either...BUT, I can read a screen when it states over and over that whoever is in the window move back 3 feet.. and that whoever is in the window was going to get popped if they didn't. 

BUT ALL IS GOOD NOW!!!  Right?

Hey Ice Man, that link is no good.   I would really like to see the video of it..

IP IP Logged
SMOKE MAN
*Forum Junkie*
*Forum Junkie*

Quote SMOKE MAN Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 7:29pm

The video worked for me... please post more glitches if u know them so we wont use them... i have used that spot before... but i never knew it was a glitch until now... Thanks

IP IP Logged
Hagar
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Hagar Replybullet Posted: January 22 2007 at 8:45pm
Man now I know why my farken blood pressure has skyrocketed so frequently over the years.  Thanks Ice and Gpac!  I will be brutal if I  catch anyone doing this.  Fair warning.
IP IP Logged
Gadget
*O.B.C*Team Member
*O.B.C*Team Member

Quote Gadget Replybullet Posted: January 23 2007 at 8:43pm
actually its not fair, not everonye see's these forums. lol.. i HAD to say something :D
IP IP Logged
Conan
*O.B.C* Team Member
*O.B.C* Team Member

Quote Conan Replybullet Posted: January 23 2007 at 9:01pm

Originally posted by Gadget

actually its not fair, not everonye see's these forums. lol.. i HAD to say something :D

We know     

"The leftists cannot think for themselves...they have already given into the spirit of collectivism"
IP IP Logged
PF-120
*Forum Stalker*
*Forum Stalker*

Quote PF-120 Replybullet Posted: January 23 2007 at 10:12pm
Thats a good one.
We should change his name to spam queen.
McCain or Obama.That is the question.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version